Pages

Sunday, September 9, 2012

New Vintage Ventures


Welcome to Heartfelt Vintage Home. Follow along with me as I share my love for vintage home style, shabby French decor, the rustic or the prissy, all here on my new blog. I will bring together 'new vintage' and true vintage--sew French style pillows, put to use that stash of antique ephemera, upholster a chair with an old feed sack or paint furniture. All the while following me through my first big craft show...I will be sewing & crafting my heart out as I prepare for a Thanksgiving weekend, Mother of craft shows. What was I thinking? 

My mind is teeming with ideas, projects accomplished & things I want to learn or try out. We can learn along the way & inspire each other to help make our creative wishes come true. We're in this together! 


I will begin with what I call the "French Market Embroidered Pillow". Baby steps here... This is a classic, easy pillow with a hidden zipper. Ultra soft vintage toweling fabric, durable yet beautiful enough for your family room or your French Farmhouse living room. Easy on the purse and the eyes. This fabric is by French General for Moda. I love this fabric! I embroidered it with a very classic fleur de lis using charcoal vintage black & gray embroidery thread by Gutterman. The pillow slipcover is easy to slip off and completely washable. 



Next, I think I will try another French Grain Sack pillow with old French typography. Until then...au revoir! 



No comments:

Post a Comment