Pages

Monday, October 22, 2012

Fabriholic Tendencies & A Shabby Chic Style "Petite Fille" Dress Form - Hair Barette Holder

If I had a little girl this would surely be a part of her little bedroom kingdom...


Petite Fille Dress Form

Petite Fille Dress Form Barette Holder

My little girl grew up--in the blink of an eye... I think she would have loved this. She's a nurse in a children's hospital ICU now. I don't know how she does it but I hope those kids' families know they have an angel taking care of their little ones.

This project was just the thing I needed to feed my love for creating with Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic fabrics (and just to make girly girl stuff). I ADORE this woman's style. I had worked on these darling ballerina-style dress forms over the weekend. I have been waiting for the right creation to come along so I could put to use my stash of Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic Treasures fabrics. 

I'm glad I held out for the right project for this beautiful fabric. The dress form here is made using "Garden Rose". I have my older son to thank for this much-loved fabric. He had given me a Shabby Fabrics.com gift card for Mother's Day. I have had this fabric on my wish list for a while so finally snapped some up. If you're like me and you love fabric then you will LOVE this site. You can indulge your Fabriholic tendencies by clicking here for your fabric fix at ShabbyFabrics.com. Shabby Fabrics is by far my favorite place for fabric. They provide excellent service & speedy delivery with great fabric & shipping prices.

This is my 1st Petite Fille Dress Form - a practice run so that explains the not so perfect stitch here & there on this close-up.

It's also my first time sewing on heavy chipboard covered in batting, fabric and trims with my new Singer Heavy Duty 4423 sewing machine. This machine sews like a dream through thick layers of fabric! It has a strong motor and sews up to 1100 stitches per minute. It also sews very steadily...a true workhorse & affordable! A much-needed gift I really needed as my 15 year old machine broke down. You can check out the Singer Heavy Duty 4423 here: Singer Heavy Duty 4423 Sewing Machine

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about this project or the machine and supplies. I'm happy to help. I'm off now to to feed my little son who is home sick from school today. A bug has been winding it's way through our home--it's that time of year...have a great day!

Be well!
Kimberly xxoo


1 comment:

  1. i love Shabby Chic fabric they are simply gorgeous,thankyou for hosting this wonderful giveaway.

    ReplyDelete