Pages

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Close to My Heart - Victorian Gift Book Collection & Catherine Klein Roses Postcards

My absolute first love of all things antique & vintage are my Victorian Gift Books and Postcards. I adore these beautiful treasures from the past.

Victorian Gift Book "Rubies from Byron" depicting Catherine Klein Roses & a Klein roses postcard - 1904
I love these gift books and postcards because they are sentimental, often have poetry and gorgeous prints of old fashioned roses, birds, dreamy landscapes or the image of a suave, dapper romantic poet guy, like Lord Byron or someone :-). We girls can never have too much romance and my old gift books always deliver!

I have displayed several photos here to share these beloved books & postcards that mean so much to me. Many of the rose postcards are the source for my heartfelt gift sachets I sew. Nothing I sew is without meaning--and is always curated from an old source of something I hold close to my heart. I want to share that with others so that when one of my creations are gifted to someone, they are receiving love and beauty.

Antique Postcards & Gift Book Roses Prints by Victorian Artist Catherine Klein


Rubies from Byron Victorian Gift Book - Given to Ada Griffin - Easter 1904
If you look at the postcards and the print from the book, you will see how the Victorians did not limit their love of Klein's work to just postcards. Her work was much loved and printed in many forms.

Postmarked March 21st, 1916

More Klein Roses from the pages of Rubies From Byron & Postcards

My newest antique book (not a gift book) but I LOVE THIS ONE! It has a print by the famous Earl Christy. Isn't she beautiful? 



 Tempest and Sunshine antique book by Mrs. Mary J. Holmes (notice how they printed the female author's name as "Mrs"?)

Rubies from Byron, On Christmas Day in the Evening, Christmas at Bracebridge Hall & Holly Berries from Dickens

I included of a photo of some of my Victorian Christmas Gift Books--note the little tiny book titled "Christmas at Bracebridge Hall...it's actually by Washington Irving, author of Legend of Sleepy Hollow and Rip Van Winkle.

A Gift Sachet featuring a spray of Catherine Klein Roses made from one of my antique Klein postcards

I hope you enjoyed the old postcards and gift books.
Heartfelt thanks for being here~
Love,
Kimberly xxoo


2 comments:

  1. So much prettiness, Kimberly! I am a fan of Catherine Klein, too! Thanks so much for your kind comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda! You are sweet. I enjoy your blog so much and am so glad you are here to share your love of so many wonderful vintage things. Let's keep in touch! Heartfelt best to you!

    ReplyDelete